song picture credit [ x ]
This song’s actually a combination of two songs, The Only Constant (melody) and Bursting Balloons, a song I made yesterday night. (Lyrics)
My sister kept pushing me to finalize The Only Constant, (which became Balloons) and so I finally did. It could have been done a lot faster but unfortunately I reached a tipping point and almost dropped everything. For a time (like the past 2 weeks), I stopped music because I felt ashamed and didn’t feel like there was any measure of progress.
So yesterday midnight, I made the rough draft of the lyrics to Balloons. But the melody wasn’t as catchy as the unforgettable one that I made a few weeks prior. I tweaked it, put the two together and got this result. At first, I was still extremely frustrated with my original song because what I wanted to write was a good melody, and I felt that I failed to achieve that by ‘recycling’ old tunes, so to speak.
Aside from the fact I was disappointed & angry half of the time (it was a challenge), I came through and I’ve accepted that modifications (even huge ones) are a part of the natural learning process.
I hope that I made a good song. I can’t tell whether I’ve progressed but as long as one person likes it (* waits to see my family waving their hands in the corner*) I’m happy to post it up.
* Edit 12:10pm: It’s been half a day and my mind’s a lot more clear about the whole thing. I still wasn’t feeling quite up yesterday but it’s all good now. I’m glad that I finished this.
Melody: 1 - 2 weeks gradually
Lyrics: 2 hours
Production: 9 - 10 hrs